We are a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Ministry
Women of Purpose is organized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit California corporation and donations to Women of Purpose are tax-deductible to the maximum amout permissible by law under the Internal Revenue Code.
Our purpose is to encourage women toward life-changing freedom and to help feed poor and hungry children across the world through World Vision. Thank you for partnering with us to impact the lives of women and their families in our community as well as needy children internationally. Together we can make a difference, one life at a time. Read our Statement of Faith below.
A year of praying and planning
In 1996, Danna Demetre invited a group of women to meet weekly in her home for the purpose of discussing effective ways to reach the women of San Diego with the life-changing message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. After a year of praying and planning, the vision for Women of Purpose was cast to almost 200 Christian women from over 20 churches in San Diego County. Danna challenged these women of faith to look at their community with spiritual eyes and realize that every woman falls into one of two categories:
(1) She is saved and ultimately going to heaven; or
(2) She is not saved and could perish for all eternity.
Danna encouraged each woman to pray for (and invite) unsaved friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to a Women of Purpose outreach event. The events, generally held at a local hotel are designed to be appealing to those who may be uncomfortable in church. They purposely lack the “religiosity” the secular world does not understand. Yet, there is no compromise when it comes to sharing the love of God and the clear presentation of the gospel.
Partner with us!
It is our continued desire to partner with the local church and encourage women in leadership to challenge their women to have a heart for evangelism and use Women of Purpose as a tool to share their faith.
If you have a heart for the lost women in your life—in your city—please prayerfully consider partnering with us as we continue to reach women all over San Diego with the gospel of Jesus Christ. By reaching women, we in turn touch their families, friends, neighbors and co-workers. God bless you as we unite together in this God-sized assignment.
- We believe there is one true God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the entire Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God. It is the final and sole authority for all Christian life and practice.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son.
- We believe in salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, apart from human merit, works or ceremonies.
- We believe that the church is the spiritual body of which Christ is the head, both eternally and functionally.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men and women of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.”